Thursday

Making Pasta the Real Way

Dino DeLaurentis making pasta via LIFE.com

If you have access to a pasta maker (or even if you don't) I highly recommend giving homemade pasta a try. Last night my friend Megan and I, along with my 2 year old who pretends to be Julia Child ("Mama, I'm Julia. You be Jaques"), whipped up a quick dough and made linguine for 6. The pasta is lighter than the dried box variety and is so much fun to make. We let the little guy to most of the work, so that should give you a clue about how easy it can be.

Photo via bakesourdough.com

You can find a basic recipe here, but I encourage you to branch out. Whole wheat pasta comes immediately to mind, but adding herbs and spices would also be nice. Or maybe just a lot of black pepper to make pasta carbonara with. Or what about chocolate pasta with a sweet mascarpone sauce? My mouth is watering. Is yours?




Photo via simply-natural.biz


Having made pasta several times now, it's hard to believe that my first attempt was less than a year ago. You can read my friend, Kristin's post about our experience here. I'll have to tell you more about Kristin later. She's pretty serious about keeping it real (poke around on her blog and you'll see what I mean).

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit that I have never made pasta since we did it that one time. Then again, I'm the only one who eats it, so what's the point, right?

    ReplyDelete